Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] proposal

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:10:28 -0400

18 April - Jon
1. Michael and Sunny have spent the allotted/approved 50 hours working
to update/create various modules and subroutines as described in the
proposal.

2. John Korpi is reviewing the codes that Sunny and Michael updated 
and examing all of the codes form all of the tools for other possible
holes.

3. Ted Swearingen, from NeuStar security, will run a tool on all IETF
tools to find any possible security holes.

4.  Based on the initial work, and assuming that we do not find
additional issues, we believe that the remaining work could be completed
in no more than 300 additional hours.

5.  We also believe that we could have the rest of the work completed in
30 days from the time that we receive your approval to continue.

6.  We would like to discuss on Friday your inquiry to re-write the ID
Tracker in Python.  In short, it seems like an inefficient use of
resources given the likelihood that we can make all of the tools secure
for open source in a shorter and much less expensive time.

_______________________________________________
TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development