Subject: [Techspec] [Fwd: Document Action: 'Requirements for IETF Technical Publication Service' to Informational RFC]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:21:17 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for IETF Technical Publication  Service' to Informational RFC
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:20:14 -0400
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,   RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for IETF Technical Publication Service '
    <draft-mankin-pub-req-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Brian Carpenter.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mankin-pub-req-11.txt

Technical Summary

    The work of the IETF is to discuss, develop, and disseminate
    technical specifications to support the Internet's operation.
    Technical publication is the process by which that output is
    disseminated to the community at large. As such, it is important to
    understand the requirements on the publication process.

BOF Summary

    There was healthy debate in two BOFs and the associated
    mailing list. The requirements represent the rough consensus
    of that debate as judged by the authors, advised by the
    IAB Chair and General Area Director. A significant number
    of changes and clarifications were made as a result of
    IETF Last Call and IESG comments.

Protocol Quality

    Reviewed by Brian Carpenter.

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec