Subject: [Techspec] New requirement surfaced in RFP review - liaison

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:09:58 -0700

During the RFP review, it was found that we missed reporting a
requirement that is simply standard operating procedure, the
liaison of the technical editor with the IESG.  Since the
RFP is meant to basically match draft-mankin-pub-req, we
were requested to add this to our document for completeness.

Here is the new requirement which will be going into version 11.
Version 11 will also be resolving a few Discusses.  Stephen will
explain those small changes as he submits the update.

3.22 Liaison and Communication 

 Task Description:  It is very valuable for the technical publisher for
 an organization to have good information and communication about the
 work streams which will result in publication streams.  In order to
 ensure a wide communication channel to the work, the technical
 publisher holds a liaison position on the IESG, where there can be
 valuable give-and-take about matters concerning the IETF standards
 stream.  

 Derived Requirements:

 o Req-LIAISON-1 - Through a liaison participant, the technical publisher 
   should take part in IESG formal meetings, IESG face-to-face activities 
   at IETF, and other activities such as retreats.  

Allison

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec