Subject: Re: [Techspec] IETF steering of publisher editing

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

Brian,

There is something I just don't get.  Why do you personally wish to
deliberately shun a publication process that is (1) working very well
for nearly everyone, and (2) producing better quality standards
documents than would be possible without this process?  Why
do you want poor quality documents?

Bob Braden, speaking for himself.

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:30:45 +0200

Bob,

> Bob Braden, speaking for himself.

I'm in catch-up mode and most of what I would have said on this
has been said by others; let me comment that I think the balance
is about right in draft-mankin-pub-req-07.txt.

I do want to make it clear that I have never advocated and will
never advocate publishing poor quality documents. I simply
believe that some documents are good enough as they stand, or
may be deliberately and intentionally written in a casual style,
and that this is a flag that it is reasonable for the approving
body to set.

    Brian, speaking for himself
           (as usual, unless I say otherwise)