Subject: [tcpPrague] New draft: draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control-00.txt

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:42:57 +0000

iccrg, tsvwg, tcpm, tcpPrague lists,

We've just posted the first draft that documents the Prague Congestion 
Control.
Abstract and links below.

It's been promised (and actually the core section was 90% written) for a 
while now. Finally finished the whole thing.

Hope it helps.

Bob

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control-00.txt
Date: 	Tue, 09 Mar 2021 05:35:45 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>, Koen De Schepper 
<[email-masked]>, Olivier Tilmans 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bob Briscoe and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control
Revision: 00
Title: Prague Congestion Control
Document date: 2021-03-09
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 30
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-iccrg-prague-congestion-control-00

Abstract:
This specification defines the Prague congestion control scheme,
which is derived from DCTCP and adapted for Internet traffic by
implementing the Prague L4S requirements. Over paths with L4S
support at the bottleneck, it adapts the DCTCP mechanisms to achieve
consistently low latency and full throughput. It is defined
independently of any particular transport protocol or operating
system, but notes are added that highlight issues specific to certain
transports and OSs. It is mainly based on the current default
options of the reference Linux implementation of TCP Prague, but it
includes experience from other implementations where available. It
separately describes non-default and optional parts, as well as
future plans.

The implementation does not satisfy all the Prague requirements (yet)
and the IETF might decide that certain requirements need to be
relaxed as an outcome of the process of trying to satisfy them all.
In two cases, research code is replaced by placeholders until full
evaluation is complete.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat