Subject: [tcpPrague] L4S and TCP Prague activity at the IETF Hackathon this week

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:11:37 +0100

Folks,

The IETF Hackathon is running from today (Mon 20 Jul) until Friday. A 
group of us led by Tom Henderson are working on L4S, focusing on ns3 
models and test scenarios.

The plan is to continue with testing, documenting and preparing the 
various components that make up L4S for the mainline:

  * Baseline alignment of ns-3 TCP with Linux models (Cubic, Linux Reno)
    for comparison purposes
  * TCP Prague (ECN++, AccECN, RTT independence, flow startup)
  * AQMs with L4S support (Dual queue coupled AQM, FQ/CoDel, FQ/Cobalt)
  * scenario support (L4S evaluation scripts
    <https://gitlab.com/tomhend/modules/l4s-evaluation> and Flent
    application support)

For details on getting involved, please see the collaboration document 
via here::
https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Sprints#IETF_108_Hackathon.2C_July_20-23.2C_2020
Given participants live across a wide range of time zones, we will 
probably be communicating asynchronously over Zulip (details via above 
link). Known participants range from US W Coast to India, via Europe, so 
we expect a good time to all contact each other live will be from about 
now (15:00 UTC 
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=7&day=20&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=136&p3=44>) 
for the next 2-3 hours, every day this week.

Cheers

Bob

-- 
________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe                               http://bobbriscoe.net/