Subject: Call For Papers: LCN 2002 - The 27th Annual IEEE Local Computer Networks Conference

From: Bikram Bakshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:52:58 -0400

------------------------------------------------------
 Our apologies if you have received multiple copies.
------------------------------------------------------

                             LCN 2002
                 The 27th Annual IEEE Conference on
                   Local Computer Networks (LCN)
                       http://www.ieeelcn.org

                          Tampa, Florida
                        November 6-8, 2002

               Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society
                with support from the University of 
               South Florida College of Engineering.

                         CALL FOR PAPERS

The IEEE LCN conference is the premier conference on leading
edge and practical computer networking. We encourage
you to submit original papers describing research results or
practical solutions. Paper topics include, but are not limited
to:

Personal Area Networks           High Speed Networks
Wearable Networks                Network Management
Wireless Networks                Network Security
Always On / Always Connected     Network Reliability
Mobility Management              Network to the Home
Location-dependant services      QOS/Congestion Control
Local Area Networks              Adaptive Applications
Home Networks                    Anything-over-IP
Small Office Networks            IP-over-Anything
Storage Area Networks            Performance Eval./Measurements
Optical Networks                 Protocol Design and Validation

Authors are invited to submit full or short papers for
presentation at the conference. Full papers (no more than 10
camera-ready pages) should present novel perspectives within
the general scope of the conference. Short papers are an
opportunity to present preliminary or interim results and are
limited to 2 camera-ready pages in length. A best paper will
be selected based on the quality of research and results, as
well as on the quality of presentation by the primary author.
Several student travel scholarships may be available courtesy
of the LCN corporate supporters.  All papers must include title,
complete contact information for all authors, abstract, and
keywords on the cover page. The correspondence author must be
clearly identified.

PAPER SUBMISSION:
Papers must be submitted electronically. Manuscript submission
instructions can be found at http://lcn2002.cs.bonn.edu/.
Authors for whom electronic submission presents a severe
problem should contact the program chair or co-chair:

Bikram Bakshi                    Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller
BioNetrix Systems Inc.           ETH Zurich, TIK
1953 Gallows Road                Gloriastrasse 35
Vienna, VA 22182                 CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
E-mail: [email-masked]    E-mail: [email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper submission deadline: May 17, 2002
Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2002
Camera-ready paper due: August 16, 2002
Author registration deadline: August 16, 2002

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please visit the conference website http://www.ieeelcn.org