Subject: IEEE Infocom 2001 ---> 13 DAYS to GO ---- HAVE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR PAPER ?

From: "Andreas Pitsillides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:08:15 +0300

Please accept our apologies for multiple copies.

HAVE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR PAPER ?- 13 DAYS to GO

----------------------------------<>-----------------------------------
The 20th Annual Conference of IEEE Communications and Computer Societies
                      C A L L   F O R    P A P E R S
                   I E E E   I N F O C O M    2 0 0 1

               The Conference on Computer Communications
                "20 Years into the Communications Odyssey"

                     http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001

                  April 22-26, 2001 - Anchorage, Alaska
        Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

 CALL FOR PAPERS
 ================

 The major conference on computer communications and networking is
 celebrating its 20th anniversary in the splendid setting of Anchorage
 (Alaska) during the week of April 22-26. The conference will bring
 together researchers and practitioners of every aspect of digital
 communications and networks, presenting the most up-to-date results
 and achievements in these fields. The IEEE INFOCOM 2001 program committee
 is soliciting original papers describing state-of-the-art research and
 development in all areas of computer networking and data
 communications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,
 the following:

 BISDN and ATM                       Network management and control
 Billing and pricing                 Network measurements and testbeds
 Communication protocols             Protocol design and analysis
 Congestion and admission control    Quality of service
 Flow control                        Queueing theory
 Cryptography, information hiding    Scheduling
 Internet and web applications       Security and privacy
 Optical networks                    Storage area networks
 Mobile networks                     Switching and switch architectures
 Multicast                           Traffic management and control
 Multimedia                          Routing
 Multiple access                     Web performance and caching
 Network architectures               Wireless networks

 PAPER SUBMISSION
 ================

 Papers must be submitted electronically according to the instructions
 described in <http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001> and summarized
 below. Proposals for panels, half- or full-day tutorials should be
 submitted to the respective chairs. Please refer to the conference web
 site for further details.

 Papers must be formatted according to the IEEE standard format except
 for the font size, which MUST be 11pt.  To make it easy to adhere to
 the formatting standard, we offer templates and samples for LaTex,
 MSWord, and FrameMaker (please refer to the pertinent web pages at
<http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001>).
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
 PAPERS THAT DO NOT COMPLY TO THE ABOVE FORMAT CANNOT BE REVIEWED
 -------------------------------------------------------------------

 Submissions must be in PDF or Postscript.  Postscript papers must use
 only standard PostScript fonts: Times Roman, Courier, Symbol, and
 Helvetica.  (Please note that Postscript output from MSWord typically
 does not work on non-Microsoft platforms.  The use of the Apple
 LaserWriter II printer driver is strongly recommended).  The above
 formatted papers can be submitted in a compressed form (gzip, zip,
 WinZip, compress).

 Because of the size limitation on the final manuscript, and to ensure
 that the reviewed paper and the final version have a similar size,
 -----------------------------------------------------
 PAPERS WITH MORE THAN 11 PAGES CANNOT BE REVIEWED
 -----------------------------------------------------
 (this is roughly equivalent to 20 double-spaced pages).

 Papers must be submitted electronically using the Web site at
 <http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001>.  This web page contains exact and
 detailed instructions about the submission process. Author's contact
 information must be provided during submission. To save space, authors
 may omit this information from the paper itself.  Authors will receive
 an immediate notification of the successful receipt of the file
 containing their paper.  Subsequently, a formal notification will be
 sent after verifying that the paper can be printed successfully.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SUBMISSIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BETWEEN MAY 1ST AND JULY 5TH, 000. |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------->
 SUBMISSION DEADLINES ARE STRICT!  PAPERS THAT HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY
 SUBMITTED OR IMPROPERLY FORMATTED BY THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE WILL NOT BE
CONSIDERED.  TO AVOID LAST MINUTE PROBLEMS, AUTHORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT
THEIR PAPERS WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE DEADLINE.

 THE REVIEW PROCESS
 ==================

 Each paper will typically be reviewed by three independent reviewers,
 whose reviews will be relayed to the corresponding author.  Following
 last year successful experiment, authors will have a chance to provide
 a limited rebuttal on the reviews before the program committee makes
 its final decision.

 TRAVEL GRANTS
 =============

 Limited travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior faculty
 presenting a paper in the conference will be available. Please refer
 to the conference web site for further details.

 IMPORTANT DATES
 ===============

    Complete paper due             July 5, 2000
    Notification of acceptance     October 31, 2000
    Final version due              December 31, 2000

 PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS [[email-masked]]
 ===========================

    Rene L. Cruz, UCSD
    Giovanni Pacifici, IBM Research