Subject: Snoop maxcount

From: Hyoung-Kee Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:17:38 -0400

I am having a problem with Snoop. Snoop abrubtly finished after
recording 4 million packets although I did not specify the -c option in
the command line. The trace file size is about 510MB after the Snoop
run.

In addition, has anyone sucessfully recorded packets in one file more
than 2GB?

Please teach me how i go over it.

---

From: "Jens-S. Voeckler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:58:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Hyoung-Kee Choi wrote:

]I am having a problem with Snoop. Snoop abrubtly finished after
]recording 4 million packets although I did not specify the -c option in
]the command line. The trace file size is about 510MB after the Snoop
]run.

I am restarting my snoop every night...

]In addition, has anyone sucessfully recorded packets in one file more
]than 2GB?

Using the "largefiles" mount option might be the key here, see mount_ufs.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler ([email-masked])
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726