Subject: Re: Question regarding direction TCP/IP development

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 10:47:33 -0700

>	Would anyone be able to give me a good feel for what
>direction TCP/IP will take with respect to congestion
>control?

You could look at my viewgraphs from a talk last year on
"On the Evolution of End-to-end Congestion Control in the Internet: An
idiosyncratic View", from October 1999, or an earlier talk on
"On the Evolution of End-to-end Congestion Control in the Internet"
from April 1999.  The viewgraphs are pointed-to on my web page at
"http://www.aciri.org/floyd/talks.html".

The section on pages 18-27, from the October talk, mentions briefly
some of the changes in progress, such as ECN, and the section
beginning on page 28 talks about some of the different views for
the long-term evolution of end-to-end congestion control.
(This is elaborated on in the viewgraphs from the April talk.)

- Sally
--------------------------------
http://www.aciri.org/floyd/
--------------------------------