Subject: Re: TCP RDMA option to accelerate NFS, CIFS, SCSI, etc.

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:44:55 -0500 (EST)

Charles asks:
> 1) Given that the first paragraph says section 10 of rfc2026 is
> irrelevant,
> under what conditions is the document published?

actually, since it has not shown up in the Internet Drafts directory it 
has not been published in the sense that it could be the topic
of a work item in an IETF working group

so, while the topic may be interesting I'd suggest that it be ignored
in the contect of an IPS BOF (and note that when published it will not
say that 2026 is "irrelevant" cuz if it does it will not get published)

Scott

---

From: Pete Zaitcev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:01:22 -0800 (PST)

> > 1) Given that the first paragraph says section 10 of rfc2026 is irrelevant,

Very well, but what about its companion document (SCOT)?
 http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satran-scot-00.txt
It is published, isn't it? It was somewhat disturbing to see the
notice, but on the other hand it was honest. IBM could just as
easily come up silently with a silly software patent for RDMA option
or for SCSI over TCP idea as such.

--Pete