Subject: [spring] Document Action: 'Segment Routing Centralized BGP Egress Peer Engineering' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:07:58 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Segment Routing Centralized BGP Egress Peer Engineering'
  (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe/

Technical Summary

   This document illustrates the application of Segment Routing to solve
   the BGP Egress Peer Engineering (BGP-EPE) requirement.  The SR-based
   BGP-EPE solution allows a centralized (Software Defined Network, SDN)
   controller to program any egress peer policy at ingress border
   routers or at hosts within the domain.

Working Group Summary

   The WG support for this document has been strong and consistent.

Document Quality

  There are three implementations of the BGP-LS extensions defined in 
  draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe and enabling the Segment 
  Routing Centralized BGP Egress Peer Engineering described in this document.

Personnel

   Bruno Decraene is the Document Shepherd.
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.