Subject: [spring] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 04:14:17 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Alissa's and Kathleen's discusses and I would also like to add on to
Spencer's comment: Given this is an architecture document, I think it would be
appropriate to at least add a note about path selection and congestion
management. This can be as simple as saying that if all traffic is assumed to
best effort, it is expected that congestion control is implemented by the
endpoints, or if resources are reserved it might make sense to monitor the
incoming traffic and e.g. apply traffic shaping.

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 23:55:17 +0000

Mirja -

Thanx for the review.
V14 has been published and it attempts to address the Security concerns raised by you and others.
Look forward to your feedback.

Inline

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mirja Kühlewind [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:14 AM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-spring-segment-
> routing-13: (with COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
> Spencer's comment: Given this is an architecture document, I think it would
> be appropriate to at least add a note about path selection and congestion

[Les:] Clarification that new congestion avoidance requirements are not introduced by SR has been added to the draft. Thank you for the suggested text.

   Les