Subject: [spring] Document Action: 'Resiliency use cases in SPRING networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 09:07:28 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Resiliency use cases in SPRING networks'
  (draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases-12.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases/

Technical Summary

   This document identifies and describes the requirements for a set of
   use cases related to network resiliency on Segment Routing (SPRING)
   networks.

Working Group Summary

 This draft has been discussed in the WG, with WG comments included 
 in the revision of the draft. Most of discussions were around the path 
 protection use case text. All comments have been correctly addressed by 
 the authors leading to a better text that have consensus.

Document Quality

 This document is an old document, and some use cases described already 
 have implementations today.  As part of the original spring WG charter use
 cases were defined -- the AD requested the WG to not publish the use cases
 and focus on the solutions (architecture, etc.), but the WG reached consensus
 wanting to still publish.

Personnel

  Stephane Litkowski is the Document Shepherd.
  Alvaro Retana is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

  Please publish the following documents in order (ascending RFC numbers, 
  but contiguous numbers are not needed), and before any other 
  draft-ietf-spring-* or segment routing related documents:

  draft-ietf-spring-ipv6-use-cases
  draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases
  draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing