Subject: [spring] Author/contributor [Was: New Version Notification for draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-01.txt]

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:53:05 +0100

Greetings Xiaohu,

> When you submitted the -00 version of this draft with my name being listed in
> the coauthor list but without my permission, I tolerated it so as to give face
 to
> you, although it had caused unnecessary confusion in the IETF, especially amon
g
> the coauthors of draft-xu-mpls-unified-source-routing-instruction.

It was so very kind of you to consider my face and to not send any mail about
this to a public list.

It might also have helped reduce the confusion if you had told me of your
objection as soon as -00 was posted. Without that, I could not (of course) have
any visibility into the intricacies of Huawei management and had to assume that
all names of Huawei staff proposed for inclusion on the draft were there because
they were supposed to be.

Still here we are...

This time you submitted -01 version with my name being added into the contributo
r 
list but without my permission as well. I have to remind you: don't repeat such
> impolite actions.

Yes, it is important to be polite at all times, isn't it?

We'd be delighted to remove your name from future revisions. But we have to
navigate a small piece of IETF process to establish you as not an author or
contributor for IPR and copyright reasons. The easiest way for you to do this is
to send  simple email to this list saying something like "I confirm that I did
not write any of the text appearing in draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-01 and
there is no reason for me to be listed as an author or contributor." If you can
do that we can issue the new revision.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 18:06:57 +0100

Xiaohu,

As I mentioned in my previous mail, if you want to be removed from this document
(and it looks like you do), you must send a note to the list disclaiming all
contribution to the text.

Unless we see that, you'll remain listed as a Contributor.

Thanks,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: spring [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Adrian Farrel
> Sent: 14 August 2017 12:53
> To: 'Xuxiaohu'
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [spring] Author/contributor [Was: New Version Notification for draft-
> bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-01.txt]
> 
> Greetings Xiaohu,
> 
> > When you submitted the -00
version of this draft with my name being listed in
> This time you submitted -
> 01 version with my name being added into the contributo
> r
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring