Subject: [spring] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-spring-ipv6-use-cases-10

From: Carlos Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 07:39:40 -0700

Reviewer: Carlos Martinez
Review result: Has Issues

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational
directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.
These comments were written with the intent of improving the
operational
aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last
call
may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review. Document
editors
and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last
call
comments.

Review result: Ready with issues

First of all I would like to thank the authors for their hard work
and
the insight they offer in this document. I'm a sort of outsider to
the
source routing scene but I have been following it for some time.

After reading the document I am left with the impression that the
case
for the IPv6 dataplane is being pushed just too hard. I´m not saying
that there is no case but that the document tries just too hard at
it,
making it unnecessarily hard to read.

The document heavily references active drafts that have yet to become
RFCs, making it hard for me to give a full "Ready" status

I'm a bit concerned about the use of the word "obvious" as it is used
in
Section 2.1. What is obvious today may not be in one, two or three
years
from now.

Finally, and this is just an IMHO, the cases are presented from a "33
thousand feet view". I feel this doesn´t help someone just coming on
board the topic and I believe the document would highly benefit from
a
more detailed, more specific and developed use case.

Thanks again!

-Carlos