Subject: [spring] Requirements towards OAM in Segment Routing network

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 16:18:44 +0800

Dear Authors,
I'd like to bring your attention to the WG document OAM Requirements for
Segment Routing Network
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-sr-oam-requirement-03>. I
think that many requirements listed in your document are common
requirements for OAM in Segment Routing network listed in the above
mentioned document.

Kind regards,
Greg

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 15:18:26 +0000

Hi,

I do not believe SPRING should work on draft-ietf-spring-sr-oam-requirement. It makes more sense to focus on solutions than these weak and sparse requirements for very diverse set of potential protocols (LSP Ping, BFD, S-BFD, SRv6 OAMs, etc).

Thanks,

— Carlos.

On May 16, 2017, at 4:18 AM, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Dear Authors,
I'd like to bring your attention to the WG document OAM Requirements for Segment Routing Network<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-sr-oam-requirement-03>. I think that many requirements listed in your document are common requirements for OAM in Segment Routing network listed in the above mentioned document.

Kind regards,
Greg
_______________________________________________
spring mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 10:04:44 +0200

Speaking as co-chair.

I also believe that the WG should focus on producing meaningful material 
we can submit to IESG with confidence.

In fact we have discussed with the authors of 
draft-ietf-spring-sr-oam-requirement and out of the replies I have 
received, consensus was not to push this document to IESG.

-m

Le 17/05/2017 à 17:18, Carlos Pignataro (cpignata) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I do not believe SPRING should work
> on draft-ietf-spring-sr-oam-requirement. It makes more sense to focus on
> solutions than these weak and sparse requirements for very diverse set
> of potential protocols (LSP Ping, BFD, S-BFD, SRv6 OAMs, etc).
>
> Thanks,
>
> — Carlos.
>
>> I'd like to bring your attention to the WG document OAM Requirements
>> for Segment Routing Network
>> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-sr-oam-requirement-03>.
>> I think that many requirements listed in your document are common
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> [email-masked]