Subject: [spring] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-01.txt

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:49:53 +0530

Hi Chairs,

Just submitted a new version to avoid expiration. The authors would like to
request starting the WGLC process for this draft as we understand there is
consensus on the same. Looking forward to the WGLC process kicking in soon..

Thanks and Best regards,
Pushpasis

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-01.txt
To: Stefano Previdi <[email-masked]>, Pushpasis Sarkar <
[email-masked]>, Bruno Decraene <[email-masked]>,
Hannes Gredler <[email-masked]>, Clarence Filsfils <[email-masked]>,
Martin Horneffer <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Pushpasis Sarkar and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments
Revision:       01
Title:          Anycast Segments in MPLS based Segment Routing
Document date:  2017-04-11
Group:          spring
Pages:          19
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spring-mpls-
anycast-segments-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-mpls-
anycast-segments/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-mpls-
anycast-segments-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-
mpls-anycast-segments-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spring-mpls-
anycast-segments-01

Abstract:
   Instead of forwarding to a specific device or to all devices in a
   group, anycast addresses, let network devices forward a packet to (or
   steer it through) one or more topologically nearest devices in a
   specific group of network devices.  The use of anycast addresses has
   been extended to the Segment Routing (SR) network, wherein a group of
   SR-capable devices can represent a anycast address, by having the
   same Segment Routing Global Block (SRGB) provisioned on all the
   devices and each one of them advertising the same anycast prefix
   segment (or Anycast SID).

   This document describes a proposal for implementing anycast prefix
   segments in a MPLS-based SR network, without the need to have the
   same SRGB block (label ranges) provisioned across all the member
   devices in the group.  Each node can be provisioned with a separate
   SRGB from the label range supported by the specfic hardware platform.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat