Subject: [smartobjectdir] FW: Charter

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:29:47 +0200

Hi Russ, 

thank you for starting this thread.

As the aim of the Smart Object Directorate (SOD) is going beyond Smart
Grid, following technical issues would be beneficial to address:

power efficient communication of smart objects, lightweight and energy
efficient protocols, energy management of constrained devices,
discovering services and identification of objects, configuration and
resource management of objects and constrained devices, representation
of sensor data, linking smart objects to the web, a security model and
secure access for smart objects.

I think the same list of items would be also worth to discuss in the
workshop Jari is planning. 

As per working mode, I would find it interesting if the SOD focuses on
following:

- Interact with relevant bodies, review documents and point to important
work at IETF
- Coordinate IoT and Smart Object work in its early phase, 
- Encourage, canalize and initiate new work proposals,
- Discuss and evaluate relevant proposals,
- Help to start new work in existing or new working groups.

Cheers, 
Mehmet 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Russ Housley
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 5:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [smartobjectdir] Charter

http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/smart-object.html

The name of the directorate was changed.  How should the charter change
to match?

Russ

_______________________________________________
smartobjectdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/smartobjectdir