Subject: [Secdispatch] OpenPGP Device Certificates (draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates)

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 10:26:10 -0400

Hi,

A few years ago I wrote a draft on how to extend OpenPGP to support
third-party certification of IoT devices where the device has only an
encryption key (and therefore cannot self-certify).  The draft also
registers a bunch of notations in order to reduce the size of these
certificates when providing ancillary data.

The draft was incorporated into RFC4880bis (so there is consensus on
progressing the concept) but it is unclear to me when that draft will
progress.  In the meantime, I would let to get these registered.
Therefore, I would like to request AD support in progressing this
document, draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates.

The specific IANA registries affected are a combination of IETF and
Expert Review.

Thanks for your consideration,

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant