Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth-03

From: Leif Johansson via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 02:11:06 -0700

Reviewer: Leif Johansson
Review result: Has Issues

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The document is mostly ready. 

The one issue I have is that the security considerations section claims
that the proposed changes attempts to mitigate some security issues
in email involving SPF, DMARC and/or DKIM but it is not obvious (at
least not to me) exactly what this amounts to. 

Additional text in the document to clarify this point seems like a good idea.

Cheers Leif

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 2019 10:57:49 +0000

> Additional text in the document to clarify this point seems like a good idea.

Maybe I should just take that out.  The only issue it mitigates is that 
it makes DKIM and DMARC checks on EAI mail more reliable.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:59:03 -0500

> it makes DKIM and DMARC checks on EAI mail more reliable.

That seems important enough to state explicitly.

-Ben

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 2019 11:03:47 +0000

> That seems important enough to state explicitly.

OK, added a sentence.

Regards,

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 14:08:59 +0100

Skickat från min iPhone

> 25 mars 2019 kl. 12:03 skrev John R Levine <[email-masked]>:
> 

Thx!