Subject: [secdir] Security review of draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation-10

From: Hilarie Orman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:57:30 -0700 (MST)

Security review of
Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extension for Token Binding Protocol  Negotiation
draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation-10

Do not be alarmed.  I have reviewed this document as part of the
security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents
being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and
WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

 From the abstract "This document specifies a Transport Layer Security
(TLS) extension for the negotiation of Token Binding protocol version
and key parameters."

Token binding assures that the necessary authentication information
for a TLS channel is bound solely to that one channel.  As a
preliminary to that binding, the two participants must agree on a
protocol version for establishing a token and the key parameters.  The
TLS extension for this negotiation in the HELLO messages is the
subject of the document under review.

The extension seems to me to be necessary, sufficient, secure, and Ready.

Hilarie