Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update

From: Taylor Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 04:02:04 +0000

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The summary of the review is: Ready with Nits.

This seems to be a useful incremental improvement to RFC 5280.  The
Security Considerations seem reasonable.  The nits are minor and can
likely be resolved as part of the RFC Editor process.

Nits:

* RFC3492 is listed as an Informative reference but section 2.3 (which
  modifies section 7.2 of RFC5280) is normative text that refers to it.
  (though not using an RFC2199 keyword)  Arguably this might be OK
  because I think other normative references in this document
  transitively cite RFC3492.

* RFC3629 is listed as an Informative reference but the new text in
  section 2.4 (which modifies section 7.5 of RFC5280) appears to refer
  to it normatively (about BOMs).

Best regards,
-Taylor

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:34:17 -0400

Okay.  Thanks for the review.  I will move the references to the normative list.

Russ

> On Oct 12, 2017, at 12:02 AM, Taylor Yu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>