Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-10

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 09:48:31 +0200

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate’s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

Summary: Ready with nits

The document is well written and security considerations appropriate.
However I have a comment.

The document includes reference [800-131A <>]:
	NIST Special Publication 800-131A, January 2011.
Looking at the NIST web site, this reference is now superseded by:
	NIST Special Publication 800-131A Rev. 1, November 2015
As I understand, the new version should be referenced instead of the original one.

Since this revision includes new, updated recommendations on when a given
algorithm is considered deprecated, this may impact a little bit the document.

Cheers,

   Vincent

---

From: "denis bider \(Bitvise\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 23:30:45 -0500

Hello Vincent,

thank you for the finding. I have updated the document. :-)

denis

From: Vincent Roca 
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 02:48
To: IESG ; [email-masked] ; [email-masked] 
Cc: Vincent Roca 
Subject: Secdir review of draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-10

Hello,

Summary: Ready with nits 

The document includes reference [800-131A]:

Cheers,

   Vincent