Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info-11

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 00:01:06 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft discusses protocol extension negotiation for SSH and specifies
several of these extensions in practice.

The security considerations section does exist and refers to SSH's base
protocol specification (RFC 4251) for security aspects of this draft.  I
agree with this assessment, though it would be helpful to state that
the extension negotiation between the client and server is performed
after key exchange with confidentiality.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

Table of contents is missing.

Shawn.
--