Subject: Re: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-sacm-requirements-15

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:57:09 -0400

Hi Barry,

Thank you, for your review. It's much appreciated!  The SACM WG has
had this as a planned working group item and has wanted it published
from the start.  I checked again at the interim last week and it is
the WG's preference to publish this informational draft.  I did ask
about linking the draft to a wiki.

I'm supporting the WG's decision and feel that it is important for
their progress to move beyond this milestone.

Thanks for catching the nit, we'll make sure that gets corrected.

Best,
Kathleen

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Reviewer: Barry Leiba
> Review result: Has Nits
>
> While I'm calling this document "ready", I really don't see why it
> should be published in the RFC series at all.  It's well written, and
> it seems to be important material for the working group to use as it
> develops the SACM  architecture, data model and transport protocols,
> but does not seem to be of lasting interest after those are done.  I'd
> rather see it in the working group wiki, and used that way.
>
> That said, I know the working group wants it published and that my
> comment here is likely not to go far, so I'll say that if it's to be
> published as an RFC, it's ready.  The one nit I note is that in the
> XML "title" element you appear to have abbrev="Abbreviated Title",
> rather than the more likely abbrev="SACM Requirements".
>

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen