Subject: [secdir] Secdir telechat review of draft-bchv-rfc6890bis-06

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:53:01 -0700

Reviewer: Brian Weis
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This five page document clarifies that the intent of the term "global"
in RFC 6809 is for a special-purpose address to be "globally
reachable". It also corrects some errors in the IANA Special-Purpose
Address Registries.

Since the scope of "global" is clarified rather than changed, there
does not seem to be any additional security considerations.  None of
the error corrections introduce additional security considerations
either.  The authors obviously came to the same conclusion since they
did not include a Security Considerations section. This does not
concern me personally, and I'll leave it for the Security ADs to
determine if they prefer one added that states "there are no security
considerations".

I consider the document Ready.

Brian Weis

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:22:10 -0400

Hi Brian,
     Thanks for the review. I will wait for the Security ADs to
determine if they want a "blank" Security Considerations section added.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:12:33 -0700

You probably should, to be honest, just for convention. But I'm willing to
defer to others on this topic.

-Ekr

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 09:16:04 -0400

Done!

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:39:24 -0400

Thank you, Brian Weis for the review.

Thanks for the update, Brian Haberman.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen