Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases-12

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:34:25 -0400

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving
security requirements and considerations in IETF drafts.  Comments
not addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the
IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary:

Ready to publish with small edits.

Details:

This document doesn't specify any protocols.

There appears to be a missing word in the end of the Security
Considerations section which says:

   It is important to proper AAA [RFC2904] to authorize access to the
   network and access to the I2NSF management stream.

I'm not sure if this is missing "proper AAA [something] [RFC2904] to
authorize" or if there is a different phrasing.  I'm not sure what is
trying to be said about AAA, but this sentence is clearly missing an
article (as "proper AAA" by itself is not a noun").

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant