Subject: [secdir] SecDir Review of draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-20

From: "Tobias Gondrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:03:31 +0800

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-20: 

Uniform Resource Names (URNs)

Updates: 2141, 3406 

Intended status: Standards Track   

IMO the document is ready for IESG approval. 

I have no further additions or comments. 

Section 6.4.4.  Security and Privacy covers security and privacy concerns
mostly by referencing considerations from RFC6943, 3552 and 6973. 

Overall, I think it is sufficient. 

I also noted the shepherd document with regard to the overall working group
consensus on this document: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn/shepherdwr
iteup/ 

Best regards, Tobias