Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-geojson-text-sequence-03

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:13:55 +0200

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary: This draft is ready.

This draft specifies how the text sequences in json can be used for
geographic data. Text sequences are way of splitting json in to pieces
so they can be parsed in smaller increments, and not requiring either
reading large json in and parsing it as one block, or using streaming
parser for json. Security considerations section refers to the
security considerations of json text sequences and geojson format.

I can see this helping in the security as writing streaming json
parser is much harder than normal json parser, and this allows using
normal json parser (which might have fixed max size for the input json
they accept) to be used even when processing very large datasets.
-- 
[email-masked]