Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 15:15:35 -0400 (EDT)

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The draft is Ready with nits

This document defines a new Flexi-Grid value for Lambda Switch Capable
(LSC) Label Switching Routers. The specification of this new label
references an external (ITU) specification.

The security considerations of this document properly refers to other
documents, such as RFC3471, RFC3473 and RFC5920. No new security issues
are introduced in this document, as it merely defines a new label to use
which causes no backwards compatibility issues.

nits:

  -- The document seems to lack a disclaimer for pre-RFC5378 work, but may
      have content which was first submitted before 10 November 2008.  If you
      have contacted all the original authors and they are all willing to grant
      the BCP78 rights to the IETF Trust, then this is fine, and you can ignore
      this comment.  If not, you may need to add the pre-RFC5378 disclaimer.
      (See the Legal Provisions document at
      http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info for more information.)

Paul

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 17:01:11 +0100

Thanks Paul,

The idnits pre-5378 warning is caused by the "updates" clause.
There is no pre-5378 material in the I-D.

Cheers,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Wouters [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 08 September 2015 20:16
> To: secdir; [email-masked]; draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-
> [email-masked]
> Subject: secdir review of draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label
> 
>