Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-gp-intarea-obsolete-ipv4-options-iana-02

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:26:04 -0400

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   A number of IPv4 options have become obsolete in practice, but have
   never been formally deprecated.  This document deprecates such IPv4
   options, thus cleaning up the corresponding IANA registry, and
   serving as a basis for providing advice about the filtering of
   packets containing these options.  Additionally, it requests that the
   status of the corresponding RFCs be changed to "Historic".

I have no issues with this document.

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant