Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-04 SECDIR review

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:35:40 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

This Informational draft discusses the use of the Path Computation
Element (PCE) architecture to determining routes through multiple
domains with different administration. This uses hierarchical PCE
processes that are heavily dependent on the PCE Protocol.

The Security Consideration section of this draft is heavily dependent
on the Security Considerations in the PCE Protocol RFC 5440, which are
quite good, and also references Security Considerations in several
other RFCs including RFC 5327 for inter-AS path computation and Path
Keys in RFC 5520 as well as directly discussing aspects unique to or
particularly prominent in the area considered.

I believe that security aspects of the technology being discussed in
this informational draft are well covered, directly or by reference,
and have no changes to recommend.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 10:27:19 +0100

Thanks Donald.
Adrian (this time I'm an author)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Donald Eastlake
> Sent: 23 August 2012 21:36
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
> Subject: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-04 SECDIR review
>