Subject: [secdir] FW: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07.txt

From: Weiqiang Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:50:28 +0800

Hello all,

We have uploaded a new version of draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm by taking into
account the Secdir review comments from Klaas. Three changes are made in
this revision:

1) in the Abstract:
We rephrased the following sentence:

Old text:
	The existence of this	delay and the possible failure of cross connection
programming, if not properly treated, will result in data loss or even
application failure.

New text:

	The existence of the inconsistency between the signaling messages and
cross connection programing, and the possible failure of cross connection
programming, if not properly treated, will result in data loss or even
application failure.

2) in 11.2.  The Median of Metric
 We added the following text:

When the number of defined values in the given sample is small, the
metric median may not be typical and SHOULD be used carefully.

3) slight changes to <14.  Acknowledgements>

Thanks,
Weiqiang and co-authors

On 8/21/12 9:40 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
>Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in
>Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks
>	Author(s)       : Weiqiang Sun
>                          Guoying Zhang
>	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07.txt
>	Pages           : 33
>	Date            : 2012-08-20
>
>Abstract:
>   When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
>   MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
>   necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
>   programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
>   completion of signaling process may be used by applications as
>   indication that data path has become usable.  The existence of the
>   inconsistency between the signaling messages and cross connection
>   programing, and the possible failure of cross connection programming,
>   if not properly treated, will result in data loss or even application
>   failure.  Characterization of this performance can thus help
>   designers to improve the application model and to build more robust
>   applications.  This document defines a series of performance metrics
>   to evaluate the connectivity of data path in the signaling process.
>
>
>The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm
>
>There's also a htmlized version available at:
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07
>
>A diff from the previous version is available at:
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07
>
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>_______________________________________________
>CCAMP mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp