Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:48:51 +0200

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes use of RSVP ASSOCIATION objects that extends
their current use as defined by GMPLS.

The subject matter is well beyond my area of expertise so take this
review with a grain of salt.

In the security considerations section the authors basically say that
using ASSOCIATION objects for (say) VOIP call reservations doesn't
introduce any new security issues beyond those that already exist for
the GMPLS use of ASSOCIATION objects.

I suspect that may be simplifying the issue but I can't find any
obvious counter-examples.

	Regards
	Leif