Subject: Re: [secdir] Assignments

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 19:51:27 -0400

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 11:51 -0400, Samuel Weiler wrote:
> Review instructions and related resources are at:
>         http://tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki/SecDirReview
> 
> Tim Polk is next in the rotation.
> 
> For telechat 2012-05-10
> 
> Reviewer                 LC end     Draft
> Jeffrey Hutzelman      T 2012-03-21 draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-04

I'm not sending this to all the usual places, because I don't think it's
necessary in this case and to keep the effort level low enough that I
can do it right now.

This document requests IANA assignment of a code point in a space whose
allocation policy is "IETF Review", for use by an external IEEE
specification.  It specifies no protocol or operational practice, and so
introduces no security considerations.  However, it does reiterate the
requirement that such considerations be included in the actual protocol
specification and reminds the IEEE to do so.

I don't see anything here to get excited about.

-- Jeff