Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-mib-09

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:40:45 -0500

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   This document defines Management Information Base (MIB) module for
   use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
   This document proposes an extension to the Interfaces Group MIB with
   a set of common objects for managing multi-pair bonded Digital
   Subscriber Line (xDSL) interfaces, defined in ITU-T recommendations
   G.998.1, G.998.2 and G.998.3.  The MIB modules specific to each
   bonding technology are defined in GBOND-ATM-MIB, GBOND-ETH-MIB and
   GBOND-TDIM-MIB respectively.

The security considerations of this document include a number of
warnings and potential threats and suggest the deployment of SNMPv3 as
a mitigation.  I believe this is sufficient.

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant