Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-08

From: Carl Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:00:03 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

This document proposes initiation, utilization and termination mechanisms
for localized routing between mobile access gateways within a proxy mobile
IPv6 domain.  The security considerations section introduces (for this
document) the requirement for IPSec and the reuse of a security
association described in RFC 5213.  This text belongs in the body of the
document in my opinion, with the security considerations possibly changed
to simply reference RFC 4832 and RFC 5213 security considerations.

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:18:27 -0500

Hi Carl,
  Thanks for your review. I will add the reference to RFC4832 like you
stated. Is there a specific reason why you prefer the security related
text be moved to the body of the document instead of the Security
Considerations section?

Regards
Suresh