Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-mboned-ipv4-uni-based-mcast-06

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 01:25:53 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes a mechanism for mapping an organization's unicast 
to multicast address in IPv4.

The security considerations section does exist and (as also stated in 
RFC 3180) the dynamic means for constructing multicast addressing using 
this scheme reduces DoS attacks for allocations from outside the 
organization.  Which I agree with.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

None.

Shawn.
--