Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-03

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:22:57 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document is aiming for the Standards Track.  It defines a pair of
RPSL attibutes for advertising IP addresses in a route's address block
that can be used for diagnostics via ping, traceroute.

The document lacks the normally-required security considerations
section.  However, I see no security considerations whatever in this
document.

Nico
--

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:37:15 -0500

> section.  However, I see no security considerations whatever in this

One might also wonder why not have an IANA registry of RPSL attributes.
Then there might not have been a need for an RFC to add these two
attributes, nor would there have been any need for a secdir review of
their registration.

Nico
--