Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for January 2010

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:32:54 +0100

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- New datatracker improvements deployed for wider testing (see 
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tools-discuss/current/msg02067.html)
- Planning agenda for SAAG meeting in Anaheim with Tim
- Waiting for IETF Trust's reply on how to contribute pre-5378
  rights to the trust [since 2009-11-03]
- (not wearing AD hat) Waiting for Dan Romascanu to process 
  errata 1955/1956 for RFC 4072 [since 2009-12-09]
- (not wearing AD hat) draft-krawczyk-hkdf went to IETF last
  call (until 2010-02-23)

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-deployment: the document was updated to address
  IETF last call comments; placed on the agenda of 2010-02-04 IESG
  telechat.
- Sent email about errata 1385; waiting for a while to see
  if anyone has comments [since 2010-01-27]
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1532, 1596,
  and 1942.
- Waiting for Stephen and Barry for new charter text.

EMU
- The WG chairs have the token for doing something about ITU-T 
  X.1034 liaison statement.

IPSECME
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-resumption: published as RFC 5723.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-traffic-visibility: was approved by IESG;
  now in RFC editor queue.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-null-heuristics: sent my AD review
  comments; discussion ongoing; waiting for revised ID 
  [since 2010-01-28]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-aes-ctr-ikev2: sent my AD review
  comments; waiting for reply/revised ID [since 2010-01-27]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config (not wearing AD hat): 
  in RFC editor queue.
- I need to look at errata 1937 (for RFC 4307) [since 2009-11-02]

ISMS

KEYPROV
- Apparently waiting for the chairs to send some documents
  my way...

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa: published as RFC 5758
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: published as RFC 5756.
- Sent email about errata 1909 (for RFC 3279); waiting for
  comments [since 2010-01-27]
- I also need to look at errata 2021 (for RFC 5756) and 2013
  (for RFC 5758) [since 2010-01-26]

SASL
- draft-ietf-sasl-gs2: was approved by IESG; now in RFC editor
  queue.
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram: in RFC editor queue.
- (not WG item) draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap: in RFC editor
  queue.
- (not WG item) draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings: went through
  IETF last call; delayed due to renegotiation discussions; 
  currently waiting for me to do something (when renegotiation
  is done).

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: was approved by IESG; will go to
  RFC editor queue soon.

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation: see mailing list.
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: waiting for Eric to propose
  text for one small AUTH48 change [since 2010-01-24]
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: it seems we need more text about
  server_name. Currently waiting until the renegotiation fix is done.
- (not WG item) see SASL WG for draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings

OTHER DOCUMENTS

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-bryan-metalink: changes agreed, waiting for the authors
  to submit a revised ID [since 2010-01-26]
- draft-ietf-behave-turn-uri: waiting for the authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2010-01-21]
- draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib: discussion ongoing, changes mostly
  agreed; currently waiting for the authors [since 2010-01-26]
- draft-ietf-pana-preauth: text agreed; waiting for the
  authors to submit a revised ID [since 2010-01-21]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised ID [since 2009-10-22] (some emails around 2009-11-24
  and 2010-01-28)
- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2009-10-22] (some 
  emails around 2009-11-24 and 2010-01-28)
- draft-ietf-rohc-ikev2-extensions-hcoipsec: waiting for the 
  authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-12-17] (pinged 2010-01-27)
- draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec: waiting for the authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-12-17] (pinged 2010-01-27)
- draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute: waiting for the author
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-11-18] (pinged 2010-01-22)
- draft-turner-clearancesponsor-attribute: waiting for the author
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-11-18] (pinged 2010-01-22)

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30,
  2009-06-09, 2009-10-29, 2009-12-28)
- draft-ietf-ntp-autokey: waiting for Ralph's proposal on
  how to proceed [since 2009-10-19]
- draft-ietf-sip-certs: discussion ongoing; currently waiting
  for the authors to reply [since 2009-10-26] (pinged 2010-01-22)
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--