Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-14

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 00:28:44 +0100

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

I have limited my review to security related issues and whether the document
have a reasonable security considerations section.
I have not reviewed the technical content of the document.

The document seems sound form a security perspective. The security
considerations section is clear on the fact layer 2 bridging is not
inherently secure but appears to make a reasonable job at describing
guidance on how to address various security issues related to this protocol.

I find no major issues that the security ADs should be aware of.

/Stefan

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:46:25 -0500

Thanks for the review,
Donald
=============================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-634-2066 (home)
155 Beaver Street
Milford, MA 01757 USA
[email-masked]

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>wrote:

>  I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
> ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
>  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
> I have limited my review to security related issues and whether the
> document have a reasonable security considerations section.