Subject: [secdir] Security review: draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-18.txt

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:04:00 +0100

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your review. After discussion with the authors, I have added an 
RFC Editor note as follows.

Thanks,
Adrian

Section 10
OLD
   This document does not introduce new security issues.  The security
   considerations pertaining to the original RSVP protocol [RFC3209]
   remain relevant.
NEW
   This document does not introduce new security issues.  The security
   considerations pertaining to the original RSVP protocol [RFC3209]
   remain relevant. Further details about MPLS security considerations
   can be found in [I-D.ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security].

   As noted in Section 6.1, soft preemption may result in temporary link
   under provisioning condition while the soft preempted TE LSPs are
   rerouted by their respective head-end LSRs. Although this is a less
   serious condition than false hard preemption, and despite the
   mitigation procedures described in Section 6.1, network operators
   should be aware of the risk to their network should the soft
   preemption processes be subverted, and should apply the relevant MPLS
   control plane security techniques to protect against attacks.
---
Section 13.2
ADD
   [I-D.ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security] Fang, L. Ed., "Security
              Framework for MPLS and GMPLS Networks", draft-ietf-mpls-
              mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework-06.txt, work in
              progress.

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:10:49 -0400

At 12:04 PM +0100 9/4/09, Adrian Farrel wrote:
>Hi Stephen,
>
>Thanks for your review. After discussion with the authors, I have 
>added an RFC Editor note as follows.
>
>Thanks,
>Adrian
>
>Section 10
>OLD

Thanks for the reply. I these minor text changes address my concerns.

Steve