Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-sip-rph-new-namespaces-03.txt

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:51:31 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document defines and registers a number of new SIP resource-priority
namespaces.  It does not define any particular semantics or operational
procedures for the new namespaces, beyond what is required by RFC4412,
and so introduces no new security considerations.

I'm a little confused about the need for this document.  As I understand
it, RFC4412 envisions there being only a very small, almost fixed set
of namespaces, which is why defining new namespaces requires standards
action.  In my opinion, the present document does not satisfactorily
explain why it is necessary to have a large number of namespaces intended
for itinerant use.

_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/secdir
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir