Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-as-representation-01.txt

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:12:25 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft suggests a standard representation of AS numbers that will 
accomodate the old 2-byte AS numbers and the new 4-byte AS numbers.
It mentions three different representations and proposes one of those as 
the standard.

A standard representation needs to be chosen to eliminate ambiguity among 
representations in configurations, documentation, etc.

The Security Considerations section says

   This document does not refer to matters associated with security of
   routing systems.

I concur.

--Sandy
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir