Subject: [Secauth] Summary of side meeting

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:50:07 +0100

All,

Thanks again for attending the side meeting at IETF and sorry for my delay
responding to the thread.  I am travelling with limited internet access...

There were 8 onside attendees in the side meeting . I first explained the
differences of secauth with current WGs or recent BoFs. I also compared this
work with some of RGs. Then I explained some of secauth usecases and asked
others to share their opinions. 
According to the discussion, as also Michael summarized it, almost all folks
agreed on the problem explained in the one of the use cases. However, how to
handle that problem can have different aspects.  
The use case was simply about seamless connectivity of IoT especially the
use case with hotspot.

As I explained during my presentation, this use case is already implemented
in mobile networks with the same operator but not with hotspots and
different mobile operators. Maybe before we use SDN approach it was not easy
to handle such use case because of complexity for terms of agreements and
sharing authentication/authorization information among hotspots but I do
think that controlling the hotspots via a centralized controller will
simplify the policy handling.  This is, of course, the extended version of
Alex's idea. I think that this extension would also answer concerns that
raised by Kathleen.

Please share your opnion if you think this is not possible or if you think
we have to handle this in other way.

Again thanks for Michael, Alex, Kathleen, Tero, Yoav and Paul who shared
their opinions.
Thank you,
Best,
Hosnieh 

P.S. I have limited access to internet due to travelling