Subject: [Secauth] requirement draft

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 17:42:17 +0100

Do folks think that if we write down a drafts contains all steps and all
requirements, it helps for understanding the process? 
One problem I can see here is that since some of the discussion was in
separate messages, it was not easy to follow the cases. However, I tried to
summarize the things. If this is the problem, I try to write down a draft
and share it with you here so that others can contribute as well. Jerome
Introduced good resources that we can also use them. 

Please don't keep silent and contribute and share your ideas. I appreciate
your active involvement.

Smile,
Hosnieh

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 20:15:43 -0500

I'm not sure what this group or you are looking for that isn't 
repeating what is already done, that isn't proprietary in nature and 
whether this is a project research or "product" development effort. 
Sounds more like the latter.

What problem(s) was we solving, addressing?

A draft of whatever effort is being attempted would be a good start.

On 2/9/2014 11:42 AM, Hosnieh Rafiee wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Secauth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secauth
>
>

-- 
HLS

---

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:47:06 +0100

> I'm not sure what this group or you are looking for that isn't repeating
what is
> already done, that isn't proprietary in nature and whether this is a
project
> research or "product" development effort.

My purpose is actually to use one of the existing drafts available in
network layer for securing the network layer and integrate this approach
with other existing approaches to provide a robust authentication mechanism.
But since we also need to think about IPv4 enabled devices because of 90% of
devices on the internet that use IPv4, we need to manipulate that draft to
also consider the support of iPv4. This is not a research project and it is
individual initiation. Nevertheless, it might involve some research to find
the best way. we want to have an outcome as a product or an implementation.
I am also thinking about having a BoF in next IETF to seriously working on
that to make it complete. But before that we need to move forward otherwise
there will be no outcome.

I think that this means of authentication should be as flexible that can be
used with DNS, web servers and other protocols.

> What problem(s) was we solving, addressing?

We want to find a unique secure approach for authentication.  We want to use
the methods available in network layer and integrate it with the methods
available in other layer, especially the application layer or come up with
completely new feature.

I am preparing a draft. Probably when I started some sections, I will try to
share it and use google document so that others can also include their ideas
or comments. I do not think I can finish it this week because of the cutoff
date for drafts. but will try to initiate the work. 

Thanks,
Hosnieh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Secauth [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hector Santos
> Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 2:16 AM
> To: Hosnieh Rafiee
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Secauth] requirement draft
> 
> I'm not sure what this group or you are looking for that isn't repeating
what is
> already done, that isn't proprietary in nature and whether this is a
project
> research or "product" development effort.
> > Do folks think that if we write down a drafts contains all steps and
> > all requirements, it helps for understanding the process?
> > separate messages, it was not easy to follow the cases. However, I
> > tried to summarize the things. If this is the problem, I try to write
> > down a draft and share it with you here so that others can contribute
> > as well. Jerome Introduced good resources that we can also use them.
> >
> > Please don't keep silent and contribute and share your ideas. I
> > appreciate your active involvement.
> >
> > Smile,
> > Hosnieh
> >
> >
> >
> >