Subject: Closure of the SCHEMA wg

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:15:37 +0100

To the SCHEMA wg

Because of the unfortunate problems of actually creating the listing
service specified in the documents of this working group, I don't see that
the working group will succeed with the milestones given in the charter.
The documents are from my point of view basically done apart from the text
which is supposed to describe the actual listing service itself, and that
text can not be created until the listing service exists.

I have therefore reported to the IESG on jan 27 2000 that I have the
intention to close this working group if nothing happens within the next
two weeks (before feb 10 2000).

If the schema registry is created some time in the future, I see no
problem restarting the work with these issues where I see the wg
has stalled, but not in this wg.

    Patrik Faltstrom
    Area Director, Applications Area

---

From: Chris Weider <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:52:47 -0800

I agree with this outcome.
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrik Faltstrom [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 11:16 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IESG; IAB
Subject: Closure of the SCHEMA wg

To the SCHEMA wg

    Patrik Faltstrom