Subject: [SAM] HAMcast Prototype Release

From: Sebastian Meiling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:43:23 +0200

Hi all,

after a period of intensive work and preparations, we are happy to
announce the first prototype release of the HAMcast architecture. 

Our software prototype provides a universal multicast service through a
common multicast API (as specified by draft-irtf-samrg-common-api) and a
system-centric middleware for endsystems. 

The prototype is under constant development by the INET group, HAW
Hamburg, Germany (see http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet ). You can download
the software release from our developers website:

        http://www.realmv6.org/hamcast_dev_downloads.html

More information and documentation can be found on the website(s) and
included in the download package. For a start, have a look at the
example programs and doxygen API documentation within the release.

Comments and feedback from tests with the HAMcast prototype release are
very welcome.

Regards,
  Sebastian

-- 
Sebastian Meiling
+---------------------------------------+
 iNET group - Department Informatik
 Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
 Berliner Tor 7, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
+---------------------------------------+
 Mail: [email-masked]
  Fon: +49 40 42875 - 8067
  Fax: +49 40 42875 - 8409
  Web: http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet
+---------------------------------------+