Subject: [SAM] Last two weeks: INTENSIVE 2011 || May 22-27, 2011 - Venice, Italy

From: Sandra Sendra<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:19:48 +0100

INVITATION:

=================
Note that the submission deadline has been extended to January 25.
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups
the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific
results.
=================

============== INTENSIVE 2011 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

INTENSIVE 2011: The Third International Conference on Resource Intensive
Applications and Services
May 22-27, 2011 - Venice, Italy

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/INTENSIVE11.html
Call for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/CfPINTENSIVE11.html

Submission deadline: January 25, 2011

Technical Co-Sponsors:
- Fujitsu
- Austrian Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Southern Polytechnic State University
- Telcordia
- Science and Technology Facilities Council
Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org

Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals:
http://www.iariajournals.org

Please note the Poster Forum and Work in Progress options.

The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of
concepts, state of the art, research, standards, implementations, running
experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. Authors are
invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review
in any other conference or journal in the following, but not limited to,
topic areas.

All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in terms
of Regular papers, Posters, Work in progress, Technical/marketing/business
presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.

Before submission, please check and conform with the Editorial rules:
http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

INTENSIVE 2011 Topics (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)

Basics on RIAS (Resource Intensive Applications and Services)
Fundamentals on RIAS; Heuristics for relaxing RIAS; Optimization on RIAS;
Coordinated checkpointing and rollback in RIAS; Approximation approach in
RIAS; Suboptimal solutions in RIAS; Distribution RIAS; Pervasive
parallelism RIAS

Basic algorithms for RIAS
Fundamental algorithms for massive data; Specialized algorithms for
grapics, statistics, bio-databases; Load-balancing and cache algoritms;
Hierarchical algorithms; Streaming algorithms; Sublinear algorithms; Quick
convergence algorithms; Algorithms for synchronization intensive
processes; Algorithms for very high speed sustainability;

Communications intensive
Transaction RIAS; Bandwidth RIAS; Traffic RIAS; Broadcast and multicast
RIAS; Propagation RIAS; Stream media intensive

Process intensive
Resource RIAS; Computation RIAS; Memory RIAS; Data acquisition RIAS; Data
compression RIAS; Replication intensive RIAS; Storage RIAS; Access RIAS;
Image processing RIAS

Data-intensive computing
Computing platforms; Collaborative sharing and datasets analysis; Large
data streams; Data-processing pipelines; Data warehouses; Data centers;
Data-driven society and economy

Operational intensive
Cryptography RIAS; Intrusion prevention RIAS; Deep packet inspection RIAS;
Reconfiguration RIAS; Load-balancing RIAS; Buffering&  cashing RIAS;
Performance RIAS

Cloud-computing intensiveness
Infrastructure-as-a-service; Software-as-a-service [SaaS applicaitions];
Platform-as-service; On-demand computing models; Cloud computing
programming and application development; Cloud SLAs, scalability, privacy,
security, ownership and reliability issues; Power-efficiency and Cloud
computing; Load balancing; Business models and pricing policies; Custom
platforms, on-premise, private clouds; Managing applications in the
clouds; Content and service distribution in Cloud computing
infrastructures; Migration of Legacy Applications

User intensive
User interaction RIAS; Multi-user RIAS; User-adaptation RIAS

Technology intensive
Mobility RIAS; High-speed RIAS; Intensive real-time decoding

Control intensive
Message RIAS; Monitoring RIAS; Power consumption RIAS; Hardware for RIAS;
Software for RIAS; Middleware for RIAS; Threat containment RIAS

Complex RIAS
Bioinformatics computation; Large scale ehealth systems;
Pharmaceutical/drug computation; Weather forecast computation; Earthquake
simulations; Geo-spatial simulations; Spatial programs; Real-time
manufacturing systems; Transportation systems; Avionic systems;
Economic/financial systems; Electric-power systems

INTENSIVE Advisory Chairs
Chih-Cheng Hung, Southern Polytechnic State University, USA
Rainer Schmidt, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
Simon Tsang, Telcordia Technologies, Inc. - Piscataway, USA
Ouri Wolfson, University of Illinois - Chicago, USA

INTENSIVE Industry/Research Chairs
Alvaro Arenas, IE Business School, Spain
Kaustubh Joshi, AT&T Labs Research - Florham Park, USA
Meikel Poess, Oracle, USA
Arun Saha, Fujitsu Network Communications, USA

Committee: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/ComINTENSIVE11.html
====================