Subject: [saag] tm-rid -- Trustworthy Multipurpose RemoteID

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:17:54 -0400

This effort will be in INT, but has a lot of security components (read:  
Trustworthy)
The slides from the side meeting are at:

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/attachment/wiki/105side-slides/

Here is a brief about the initial work in tm-rid:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the FAA stating that they plan on the initial rule making on 
RemoteID for UAS in September, 2019, the initial work on tm-rid is 
extremely accelerated.  My understanding is if we have initial draft 
documents we will then have some time for official RFCs.

There will also need to be some level of interaction with ATSM that has 
been generating RemoteID standards.  See:

https://github.com/opendroneid/specs

The IETF MAY desire to enter into an MOU with ATSM.  ATSM may want it 
also.  Note that ATSM claims to be the oldest SDO around.

The work (drafts) I see are listed below.  A charter for this effort 
SHOULD be within the 1st draft listed.  I will be working with Stu and 
Adam on a charter that we will display somewhere given that we are 
pre-BOF here.

We are looking for people interested in writing/reviewing.

====================== Initial Drafts ========================

Trustworthy Multipurpose Remote IDs in UAS

draft-tm-rid-uas

Abstract:    This memo defines the use of Host Identity Tags (HIT) from 
the Host Identity Protocol (HIP) that can provide a self-asserting 
trustable identity for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).  The 
justification for trust in the IDs, generation and registration of HITs, 
and use of HITs in UAS messages.

Trustworthy Multipurpose Remote IDs in Discovery Services

draft-tm-rid-uas-ds

Abstract:    This memo defines HIT based Discovery Services to obtain 
both static and dynamic information about UASs.  These services will 
implement access policy rules to limit what different entities can learn 
and control of the UASs.

Hierarchical HITs for HIP

draft-tm-rid-hierarchical-hip

Abstract:    This document describes the structure of hierarchical HITs 
to facilitate large deployments in mobile networks.

Registration Services for Hierarchical HITs

draft-tm-rid-hierarchical-hip-registration

Abstract:    This document describes the registration of hierarchical 
HITs (HHIT).  It provides for registrar entities and how they can be 
found.  It does not describe the policies that registrars must meet as 
HHIT registrars. It may reference RFC7451.

New crypto for HIP

draft-moskowitz-hip-crypto-update

Abstract:    This document adds support for new cryptographic algorithms 
and methods to HIP. e.g. EDDSA, KMAC, cSHAKE, SHA-3, Kedje.

Note that Kedje is a sort of placeholder as NIST is still working on the 
'small' cypher that we want for this project.

CBOR formats for HIP

draft-tm-rid-hip-cbor

Abstract:    This document replaces the HIP TLV structures with CBOR CTW.

HIP as OAUTH method

draft-tm-rid-hip-oauth

Abstract:    This document adds support of HIP as an OAUTH method

============================================

Thank you