Subject: [saag] IPsecME IETF 100 Report

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 04:08:09 +0200

IPsecME met Monday morning for 1.5 hours. Since last IETF we have
published 3 RFCs: RFC8221 (MTI algorithms for ESP/AH), RFC8247 (MTI
algorithms for IKEv2) and RFC8229 (TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec
Packets).

We have 4 work items, EdDSA is in the IETF LC; and Split DNS and
Implicit IV are past WGLC or in WGLC. The Quantum resistance draft is
progressing nicely.

Majority of the session we discussed about new charter items. Our
charter is valid until end of this year, so we need to re-charter
before that.

Items most likely to be added to the charter include:

- Group DOI for IKEv2
- Postquantum cryptography for IKEv2
- Diet-ESP/IKE
- Signature algorithm negotiation

In addition to those we discussed

- Reposnder MOBIKE
- Address failure error codes
- Labelled IPsec
- Mitigating privacy concerns

Work in progress charter is in the IPsecME Wiki [1], so if you want to
know more about those work items check specific description there.

[1] https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ipsecme/wiki/recharter2017
-- 
[email-masked]