Subject: [saag] Where-to I-Ds: HTTP Auth with SASL, EAP method for SASL

From: Rick van Rein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 09:08:12 +0200

Hello SAAG,

I have just posted two I-Ds and am looking where to send them, since the HTTP Auth WG and EAP WG have both been concluded.  Could you advise me?

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanrein-httpauth-sasl/

   This one explains how SASL can be used as an HTTP Auth mechanism.
   This turns out to be beneficial for SASL as well as HTTP.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanrein-eap-sasl/

   This one allows the various front-ends that use SASL to relay the
   interaction to a backend over EAP, which in turn might be carried
   over Diameter or RADIUS.

I was advised to ask for directions here, so if you have suggestions
than I would love to hear them.

FYI, EAP requires a specification and an expert review, so it could
be an independent submission.  I currently think that would be best.

And, HTTP Auth through SASL registers an Authentication Scheme, for
which IETF Review is the standard.

Thank you,

Rick van Rein
InternetWide.org / ARPA2.net / OpenFortress.nl