Subject: [saag] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-turner-est-extensions-08.txt> (EST Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:02:51 -0400

Hello,

I've agreed to AD sponsor the following draft.  If you are interested
to review it, please do so, last call just started.

Sean has my comments queued up and may update the draft today, but
they are pretty simple.

Add RFC7525 to the reference list for securing TLS.
Fix part of the schema so it validates.  It is missing an
xsd:restriction around a set of limited values [0-9]+

I have asked Dave Waltermire to also validate the schema, so hopefully
that's on the new version.

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback to the last call
process as indicated below.

Best,
Kathleen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-turner-est-extensions-08.txt> (EST
Extensions) to Proposed Standard
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'EST Extensions'
  <draft-turner-est-extensions-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The EST (Enrollment over Secure Transport) protocol defined a Well-
   Known URI (Uniform Resource Identifier): /.well-known/est.  EST also
   defined several path components that clients use for PKI (Public Key
   Infrastructure) services, namely certificate enrollment (e.g.,
   /simpleenroll).  In some sense, the services provided by the path
   components can be thought of as PKI management-related packages.
   There are additional PKI-related packages a client might need as well
   as other security-related packages, such as firmware, trust anchors,
   and symmetric, asymmetric, and encrypted keys.  This document also
   specifies the PAL (Package Availability List), which is an XML
   (Extensible Markup Language) file or JSON (Javascript Object
   Notation) object that clients use to retrieve packages available and
   authorized for them.  This document extends the EST server path
   components to provide these additional services.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-est-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-est-extensions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information:
    rfc7193: The application/cms Media Type (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc6268: Additional New ASN.1 Modules for the Cryptographic
Message Syntax (CMS) and the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509
(PKIX) (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc7292: PKCS #12: Personal Information Exchange Syntax v1.1
(Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc5967: The application/pkcs10 Media Type (Informational - IETF stream)

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen