Subject: Re: [saag] Draft minutes

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 23:44:52 +0200

Folks,

FWIW, this is not really a comment/correction/comment on the minutes
themselves, but rather on what was said. FWIW, I didn't attend the
meeting -- hence I'm commenting on the minutes, what I would've said
dring the meeting.

On 03/31/2017 03:15 PM, Eric Rescorla wrote:
[....]
> *** Open Mic
> Ingo Stieglitz : Thank you. You are all awesome. Is there any work here
> on ICMP NATing

IIRC, behave did publish a spec on this. Don't remember the RFC number,
though.

> Kathleen: Recommend you ask in Ops
> Yoav Nir: A couple IETFs ago, started to discuss 3552bis, what should go
> into security considerations. I did a first transposition, called for
> comments, and got nothing. We shouldn't send the message that there's
> nothing to add since 2003 [by publishing a new unchanged document]. We
> need people to propose text and ideas. 

We did provide input on this. Please see:
draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-00. At the time (one year ago)
there was some discussion on whether to publish this document as is, or
whether to incorporate it in to RFC3552bis.

FWIW, time-wise, it looks lie it might be sensible to publish this doc
as a stand-alone update to rfc3552, though. At the time of this writing,
there are documents still being published with the requirements for
numeric ids underspecified.

Besides our comments on numeric ids, I seem to remember that Mike St
Johns sent a lengthy email with  a lot of suggestions related to IoT.

> Kathleen: How many people interested in an update? [about 20 hands].
> Please discuss on SAAG list. 

FWIW, I'm interested in seeing an update.

Thanks,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492