Subject: [saag] Following up today's VRF presentation

From: Sharon Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 18:05:45 -0400

Thanks all for your comments and questions during my presentation on VRFs.
(VRF = Verifiable Random Function, the public-key version of a
cryptographic hash function). Draft and slides here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-goldbe-vrf/
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-saag-verifiable-random-functions-vrfs-00.pdf

Below is a list of all the places I've seen VRFs used so far. Let me know
if you know of others, or could think of ways to use them in other
applications, or have other comments on the draft.

https://whispersystems.org/docs/specifications/xeddsa/
https://github.com/isislovecruft/curve25519-dalek/issues/9
https://github.com/google/keytransparency/blob/master/core/vrf/p256/p256.go#L73
https://github.com/coniks-sys/coniks-go/pull/167
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-dnsop-nsec5-ietf98-01.pdf

Thanks,
Sharon

-- 
Sharon Goldberg
Computer Science, Boston University
http://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe