Subject: [saag] Fwd: Cybersecurity and digital privacy newsletter update - 13/03/2017

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:23:56 +0000

FYI, those of you interested in ENISA might want to
check out the review link below and give feedback.

Two notes:

1. Apologies for making you view the large number of
occurrences of cyberFOO in all this;-)

2. I don't have further information about the review
of ENISA, so there's no point asking me, but if anyone
does know more about this, it might be good to reply
here.

Cheers,
S.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Cybersecurity and digital privacy newsletter update - 13/03/2017
Date: 	Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:10:12 +0100
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

If you have trouble reading this e-mail read the online version
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=364&lang=default>.

	ISSN : 2467-4311

European Commission 	Cybersecurity and digital privacy
Newsletter

        *Follow us on twitter*  icon Twitter
<https://twitter.com/EU_TrustSec>
News
Reminder: Public consultation on the evaluation and review of the
European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA)
ENISA is the Agency of the European Union tasked with contributing to
the enhancement of the overall level of cybersecurity of the EU and its
Member States. This consultation kicks off the review of ENISA, whose
current mandate will come to an end in 2020. The European Commission
welcomes the views of all interested stakeholders on ENISA's past
performances, as well as on a possible revision of its mandate in view
of new challenges the EU faces in the cybersecurity field. The
consultation is open until 12 April 2017.
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=52001&newsletter=364&lang=default>

See also : 	Online questionnaire
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/ENISA_review>
Contact : 	[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>

	visual reminder
New cooperation in support of Cyber Security in Aviation
The European Aviation Safety Agency and the Computer Emergency Response
Team (CERT-EU) of the EU Institutions signed on 10 February 2017 a
Memorandum of Cooperation with a view to the establishment of a European
Centre for Cyber Security in Aviation (ECCSA).
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=54237&newsletter=364&lang=default>

	logo of EASA

Studies and reports
ENISA Threat Landscape 2016 report: cyber-threats becoming top priority
The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security(ENISA)
has published the "Threat Landscape 2016". The report summarises the top
cyber threats encountered in 2016. This year is characterised by
numerous serious cyber-incidents which have dominated the news. Main
objectives of malicious activities detected were monetization and
political impact.
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=53966&newsletter=364&lang=default>

	logo of the report

Calendar
*16 March 2017 * - Brussels
Functional safety and cybersecurity - CEN/CENELEC's Stakeholder
Engagement Workshop
Cybersecurity is becoming relevant to all industry sectors not just the
‘natively digital’, but also traditional industries as they digitally
transform their processes, systems and supply chains. While this shift
opens up opportunities, it also creates threats to operational safety,
robustness and resilience. CEN and CENELEC will engage industry to
define their standardization needs for functional safety and digital
protection of their processes, systems and data.
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=55068&newsletter=364&lang=default>

	logo of the workshop
*27 March 2017 * - Brussels, Avenue de Beaulieu 25
Workshop on the security and incident notification requirements for
Digital Service Providers (DSPs) under the NIS Directive
In line with the recently adopted Network and Information Systems (NIS)
Directive, important digital businesses ("digital service providers")
will be required to take appropriate security measures and to notify
incidents to the competent national authority. To specify further the
elements and parameters related to security and notification
requirements, the Commission is empowered to adopt an implementing act.
The workshop will serve as a forum for interested stakeholders from the
private sector and the Commission to discuss and exchange views on the
possible content of this implementing act.
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=55697&newsletter=364&lang=default>

Projects news & results
Small European cybersecurity companies capitalise on an expanding market
with EU support
The threat from cybercriminals shows no sign of abating, opening up
opportunities for European companies to develop new tools to fight
against threats – and win a greater share of one of the fastest growing
markets in the IT sector.
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=55496&newsletter=364&lang=default>

See also : 	Call for proposals: SMEInst-13-2016-2017: Engaging SMEs in
security research and development
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/smeinst-13-2016-2017.html>

The ReCRED project – a solution to password overload
ReCRED aims at "Killing the password" by combining biometrics,
behavioural characteristics and innovative cryptographic techniques.
Furthermore, connecting all online accounts under the same physical
identity allows citizens to use specific attributes for accountless
access while retaining their anonymity. ReCRED is co-funded by the
Horizon H2020 Framework Programme.
Read more...
<http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=54258&newsletter=364&lang=default>

See also : 	Article on the project: "You could be tracked by your
payment-enabled phone"
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/you-could-be-tracked-your-payment-enabled-phone_en.html>

	Logo of the project

This is the newsletter of the Cybersecurity & Digital Privacy
<https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/cybersecurity-privacy>
unit at the European Commission. It is hosted by the Digital Agenda for
Europe Newsroom <https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/newsroom/>.

If this Newsletter was forwarded to you and you are interested to
receive it directly you can subscribe here
<https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/newsletters-list>.

You may unsubscribe or broaden your subscription from this newsletter by
going to Your Profile <http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/logout.cfm> or
by contacting us at this address: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>.