Subject: [saag] W3C update (SRI, WebAppSec, WebAuthn, WebCrypto)

From: Wendy Seltzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 06:29:50 -0400

An update on security-related W3C activities:

Subresource Integrity is a W3C Recommendation
   https://www.w3.org/TR/SRI/

Web Authentication Working Group launched and published the FPWD of its
WebAuthn API (a Web API for strong cryptographic authentication)
   https://www.w3.org/webauthn/
   https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/

WebAppSec WG published SRI Rec; Candidate Recommendations of CSP Level
2, Upgrade Insecure Requests, and Mixed Content; near CR on Secure
Contexts. Ongoing includes CSP Level 3, Referrer Policy, Permissions
API, UI Security (Ironframe).
   https://www.w3.org/2011/webappsec/

WebCrypto WG is concluding interop testing to reach Proposed Recommendation.
   https://w3c.github.io/webcrypto/Overview.html

Overview of related groups, including Web Payments:
   https://www.w3.org/Security/

--Wendy

-- 
Wendy Seltzer -- [email-masked] +1.617.715.4883 (office)
Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)