Subject: [saag] Open Trust Protocol

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:55:14 +0200

Hi all,

FYI: I had planned to talk about the 'Open Trust Protocol' in the T2TRG
meeting but unfortunately due to the lack of time this was not possible.
Hence, I am sending an email around instead.

   The Open Trust Protocol (OTrP) allows to install, update, and delete
   applications and to manage security configuration in a Trusted
   Execution Environment (TEE).

   TEEs are used in environments where security functionality should be
   isolated from a regular operating system (often called rich OS).
   This form of compartmentalization grants a smaller codebase access to
   security sensitive services and restricts communication from the rich
   OS to those security services via mediated access.

Here is the draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pei-opentrustprotocol-01

Here are my slides:
https://github.com/t2trg/2016-ietf96/blob/master/slides/70_OTrP-IETF93.pdf

Please let me know if you find this work interesting and have further
questions.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:46:04 -0700

> OS to those security services via mediated access.

Note carefully the evasion of who it is who installs, updates, and deletes
applications: not the owner of the device.

> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
>

-- 
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains".
--Rousseau.