Subject: [saag] Revision of "Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers" (draft-gont-numeric-ids-history-01)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 04:40:58 +0200

Folks,

We have posted a revision of the aforementioned I-D. It is available at:
<https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-numeric-ids-history-01.txt>

This revision tries to address *part* of the comments we have received
so far. The main changes are:

* We have added the timeline for IPv6 Interface Identifiers.

* For each of the identifiers, we try to provide a summary wrt how the
identifier is specified and where the problem lies. (For all three TCP
ISNs, IPv6/IPv4 Frag IDs and IPv6 IIDs: in the specs).

If you have any input, it will be very welcome.

We have already started working on the next revision, in the hopes of
including the timelines for DNS TxIDs and NTFS file handles.

Your input on the current rev will help us shape how we discuss the
other identifiers we will be incorporating.

If you have any other suggestions for the next rev, please do let us know.

P.S.: FWIW, draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation is an "accompanying" I-D,
with advice wrt generation of transient numeric identifiers. OTOH,
draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations is no longer being pursued,
since the plan is to consider the inclusion of the aforementioned
requirements directly into rfc3552bis.

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 04:55:53 +0200

> including the timelines for DNS TxIDs and NTFS file handles.

s/NTFS/NFS/

Thanks,