Subject: [saag] ACE Report

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:39:51 +0200

-- IETF#95 ACE Summary --

The main part of the meeting was dedicated to the discussion of the open
issues collected for the OAuth-ACE solution.
The presentation can be found at:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-ace-2.pdf

As an outcome of the discussion we are
* going to form a design team to look into the implications of clock
synchronization on the protocol solution,
* splitting <draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-01> into an framework and into
profiles. The profiles offer protocol descriptions that can be used for
interoperability testing.
Selecting the profiles will be based on interest from the working.
Interest was expressed in having at least a profile that is based on
pre-shared secrets, and based on raw public keys.

We are going to schedule an interim meeting somewhere between end of
May/beginning of June where the design team will report back to the group.

Finally, a presentation about the CBOR Web Token (CWT) was given and a
call for adoption was started already. CWT is a CBOR-based encoding of
the JSON Web Token (JWT), which was developed in the OAuth working group.