Subject: [saag] Anyone up to review draft-rescorla-tcpinc-tls-option-04 in the next week or so?

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 22:24:30 +0100

Hiya,

The TCPINC WG have been having a hard time in picking an approach
to take with two reasonable proposals on the table. [1,2]

The tcpcrypt draft [2] has been around for a while and has had a
good bit of review so its content is fairly well understood.

The idea of the TLS approach has also been around for a while, but
the nitty-gritty details are really only documented in [1] in
the current revision.

The chair of TCPINC intends to try again to poll the WG about
adopting drafts in the relatively near future and has asked if we
can get some security folks to review [1] in the next week or so.

What's being asked for here is a review of the content of [1] and
*not an analysis of [1] vs. [2]*. The WG have probably seen all of
the arguments there already, so the ask now is really just to get
some more eyeballs on the content of [1] before the WG consider
adopting a draft (again;-).

So, if one or two of you could please do a review of [1] in the
next week or so and post that to the TCPINC mailing list (which
believe it or not is [email-masked]:-), that'd be great. If you
know TLS (esp the ongoing work on TLS1.3) and TCP it ought not be
much work to do that.

Aside from that, fresh voices or arguments in the [1] vs. [2] debate
are of course also always welcome on the WG list, but please do
check the WG archive to see if an argument is really fresh - most of
the pros and cons have already been aired I think.

Thanks in advance,
S.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rescorla-tcpinc-tls-option-04
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-03