Subject: [saag] Review request for draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-mitigations

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:29:16 -0700

Howdy,

The draft below is a very drafty -00 that attempts to tackle the question
of what mitigations are available to pervasive surveillance and the related
question of what interactions those mitigations have with each other.  The
IAB privsec would appreciate review of the draft; public discussion is on
the [email-masked] list, as some of the source material come from there.

regards,

Ted Hardie

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : Confidentiality in the Face of Pervasive
Surveillance
        Author          : Ted Hardie
        Filename        :
draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-mitigations-00.txt
        Pages           : 9
        Date            : 2015-05-19

Abstract:
   The IAB has published [I-D.iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat] in
   response to several revelations of pervasive attack on Internet
   communications.  In this document we survey the mitigations to those
   threats which are currently available or which might plausibly be
   deployed.  We discuss these primarily in the context of Internet
   protocol design, focusing on robustness to pervasive monitoring and
   avoidance of unwanted cross-mitigation impacts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-mitigations/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-mitigations-00