Subject: [saag] PKIX meeting notes

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:43:15 -0400

PKIX met once, for 1.5 hours, on Tuesday, 3/12, at IETF 86.

This was the last scheduled meeting of PKIX, and it drew about 49 attendees.

Since Atlanta, two RFCs were published: the update to 5280 (RFC 6818), 
and DNS CAA (RFC 6844).
One document is undergoing Sec AD review (2560bis), and there is only 
one remaining document
active in the WG (EST).

Max Pritikin provided a brief overview of the status of EST, 
highlighting changes in the
-05 version, and noting planned changes for an -06 version. He hopes 
that the -06 version will
be ready for WGLC soon. It was noted that there are two, independent, 
interoperable implementations
of EST already, which caused Sean to suggest that the protocol might 
progress very rapdily to
a full standard, under the new rules.

Stefan Santesson reviewed his individual draft for an X.509 extension to 
help map Subject
identities across administrative boundaries in a federated identity 
environment. This work
is motivated by real problems encountered in the European environment. 
The extension carries
XML-encoded data, to represent SAML assertions.